Learning Tree Day Care
The goal of the curriculum is to combine learning with the children's daily life. My daily daycare routine will include the following:
- Individual greeting and good-bye to all children
- Arriving/leaving time is used to share information with Parents
- Individual and group activities are scheduled in the morning and afternoon
- Naps are scheduled daily
Both active and quiet play opportunities are scheduled daily, indoors and outdoors, weather permitting
Loving environment offers cultural diversity, awareness and acceptance of
Healthy well-balanced meals and snacks are served daily including breakfast,
lunch, and two snacks
Circle time is done in the morning and afternoon
The curriculum offers opportunities to learn in the areas of:
- Language skills- reading books, retelling stories, conversation, singing
- Art/Small motor- art work, puzzles, blocks
- Music- music tapes, sing-alone programs, musical instruments, finger play
- Outdoor/Gross motor- swings, slides, ride on toys, sand box, bubbles, picnics.
- Indoor fine motor- dance, exercise
- Dramatic play/Imagination- house play with dolls, dress up, construction etc.
- Science- sorting, nature
- Self help skills- washing hands, brushing tees, potty training, using good manners, putting on socks/shoes/hats.
Active daily schedules mixed with fun and laughter is the recipe for a great environment for child to learn and grow!